Following your periodontal surgery, our dentist and team at Lighthouse Dental & Orthodontics recommend that you follow these instructions:
– Do not blow your nose.
– Do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco.
– Do not take in liquids through a straw.
– Do not lift or pull on lip to look at sutures (stitches).
– If you must sneeze, do so with your mouth open to avoid any unnecessary pressure on the sinus area.
– Take your medication as directed.
– You may be aware of small granules in your mouth for the next few days. This is not unusual.
Notify Dr. Samuel Richey and our team at our dental office in Riverton, Utah, if:
– You feel granules in your nose.
– Your medications do not relieve your discomfort.
– You have uncontrolled bleeding.
– You have a foul odor, heat/temperature of any other sign of infection.