Our dentist and team at Lighthouse Dental & Orthodontics recommend that you follow these guidelines after your sinus graft:
– Do not blow your nose.
– Do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco.
– Do not take in liquids through a straw.
– Do not lift or pull on lip to look at sutures (stitches).
– If you must sneeze, do so with your mouth open to avoid any unnecessary pressure on the sinus area.
– Take your medication as directed.
– You may be aware of small granules in your mouth for the next few days. This is not unusual.
Notify the team at our dental office in Riverton, Utah, if:
– You feel granules in your nose.
– Your medications do not relieve your discomfort.
– You have uncontrolled bleeding.
– You have a foul odor, heat/temperature of any other sign of infection.